Information about Canada Visa Form IMM 5257
3 weeks ago
Form IMM 5257 is used for persons who wish to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter Canada for a temporary purpose such as travel, family visits, or business trips. A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is a legal certificate issued by the Canadian Visa Office to prove that you will have fulfilled the requirements for entering Canada as a temporary resident. (either as a tourist, student or worker). Individuals have to receive a TRV from their home country before leaving. On arrival in Canada, individuals are unable to receive a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) – IMM 5257.
Who will apply for a visa in Canada?
Form IMM 5257 is for people entering Canada wishing to apply for a temporary resident visa from abroad. Individuals who may not be Canadian citizens or permanent Canadian residents may need a visa to enter Canada. The visa requirement also extends to temporary residents who are transiting across Canada. The principal applicant shall fill out a copy of this form by his or her spouse or common-law partner, if appropriate, and by all dependent children aged 18 years or older specified in the application for temporary residence.
Will, I required to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257) from Canada?
Some travelers will require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) that allows them access to Canada, but there are citizens of countries who will either need an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), or they are fully excluded and will enter easily with their passports without needing a visa.
What is the Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257) eligibility and Requirements?
In order to be qualified to apply for temporary resident visas for Canada, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
- Apply as the primary visa applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid passport issued by the Government with at least one blank page that is not the last passport page.
- Translate and certify all your documents that are in a language other than English or French.
- Gave a clear criminal background and prove it by filing court records.
- Be prepared to pay the visa application fees and visa processing fees you require.
- Where necessary, sign, and date appropriate documents.
- Fill and sign a consent form for a Visa Application Center (VAC).
- Send copies of your current immigration status to a different country or Canada.
- Have available funds to cover your stay in Canada.
- Be prepared to attend and give interviews or biometric information.
- Visit where the Canadian Consulate asks you to go through a medical examination.
- Prove that your stay in Canada is brief and that you can return to your home country after your tour is done.
- You have to show you don’t plan on working or studying in Canada.
However, you may have to meet additional requirements depending on the type of TRV visa you are applying for.
Which are the Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257) Types?
Visitor Visa: or simply said that Canada Tourist Visa is the visa allowing you to travel to Canada for tourism purposes.
Super Visa: is a visa for Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents’ parents or grandparents to visit their children or grandchildren for longer periods, up to 2 years at a time.
Diplomatic and Legal Visa is a visa for foreign government officials or diplomats to go to Canada on legal duties and responsibilities.
Courtesy Visa: It is a visa for persons who are not government officials or ambassadors and who are not eligible for diplomatic and official visas but who are of some value or rank.
Facilitation Visa: is the visa issued to those persons who are Canadian Nationals with dual nationalities but do not have a Canadian passport because of circumstances beyond their control. The Consulate issues a Facilitation Visa to allow them to enter Canada in the passport of the other nationality that they hold.
Visa for Businesspeople and Business delegations: is a visa for business people who go to Canada to do business, attend meetings, seminars, conferences, or trade shows.
People wishing to enter Canada for the purpose of giving birth: is a visa granted to women wishing to give birth to a baby in Canada, as any born in Canada is considered a citizen.
Intending Organ Donors Visa: is a visa for those who wish to donate an organ to a permanent resident of a Canadian citizen.
Dual Purpose Visa: is a visa for those who wish to remain temporarily in Canada but who also plan to apply for a permanent visa and state it in their applications.
Which are the TRV – IMM 5257 Canada Requirements?
As this is a visa category and not a single visa, there are two types of criteria which potential applicants must meet in order to apply or apply for either of the visas:
- General Required Visa
- Visa Specifications
General Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257) requirements:
The standard Canada Visa Requirement is a set of requirements that applies to all of the temporary resident visas, regardless of the purpose of your visit. To apply for any temporary resident visa from Canada, you must submit the following forms:
- Type IMM 5257, Temporary Resident apply.
- Form IMM 5707, the Form for Family Details.
Other forms you might need to fill out when they apply to you are:
- Form IMM 5409, Common-law Union Statement of Statute.
- Form IMM 5476, Usage of a Deputy.
- Form IMM 5475, Authority to reveal personal data to a designated individual.
Visa Specific Requirements:
When you qualify and meet the Canada Visa Requirements requirement, then additional requirements are dependent on your visit intention. With each form of visa in the community, these are different. Here are a few examples of these requirements:
- You must have an itinerary for the Tourist Visa of the locations you intend to visit in Canada.
- You must have an invitation letter from your child or grandchild for the Super Visa, and evidence of relationships such as a birth certificate.
- With the Business Visa, you must show that you are working with a corporation other than the one you do business within Canada.
- You must have documentation for the Diplomatic Visa that shows you are a government official of your country, and you are visiting Canada for official duties, etc.
For more comprehensive visa specific requirements, we recommend that you find in our guide the particular visa for which you are applying and go through the specifics and instructions. It’s really necessary for you to receive a visa to from fulfilling these criteria. When you don’t qualify for all the criteria, you will need to apply extra documentation to the Canadian Consulate to convince them to grant you the visa, or officials may refuse your application.
How to register for a Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257) Canada?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review, confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the visa process is completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your email.
- Based on your Consulate’s application procedure, you can submit and collect the visa application by visit or Mail. You will be noticed by the Consulate about the decision made to your application.