Latest information about the UK Visa
England is the most popular travel destinations in the world, offering almost endless possibilities for vacationers seeking fun things to do and top attractions to visit. Get a UK visa, you are guaranteed for an unforgettable experience. To help you get the most out of your travel, requirements make sure to use our well structured and precise guidelines to England. It would be great if you could post us your feedback at the end. Have a happy journey!
Travel Arrangements for before the trip to the UK
Hold all mandatory travel requirements for travel to the UK visa:
- Finish a passenger locator form. (Passengers can complete this via online any time in the two days [48 hours] before passengers enter in the UK.)
- Passport including a minimum of 6 (six) months validity and need one empty page.
- Confirmed flight tickets
- Document of negative result for COVID
- Details of where you’ll be staying during your visit
- How much you think your trip will cost
- If you are under the age 18, you will require,
- A written consent from your parent or guardian to travel to the UK (if travelling alone)
- you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey
- you have enough money to support yourself without working or getting help from public funds, or you have family and friends that can support you
Please exchange your cash only from approved sources.
Each passenger is needed to show that they are holding more than€10,000 or equal.
If you want more details, travel guide on the following link –https://www.gov.uk
Covid-19 (Vaccine, quarantine, and etc) details for travel to the UK:
Four Covid-19 vaccines are approved in the United Kingdom. There are Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, Janssen vaccine, Moderna vaccine, and Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.
All travelers follow basic preventive measures (like physical distancing, wearing mask, and temperature check) in airports, during travel, and public areas in the UK.
Important things to know the before travel to the UK
- Take a COVID test in UAE. (To board your journey to the UK, you require evidence of a negative result from a COVID test taken in the three days before the service begins.)
- Negative test result must be a printed document. It must be in English, Spanish or French. If you reach in the UK without evidence you tested negative for COVID, you could be charged £500.
- If you were recently affected by COVID but is no longer contagious, you should utilize a LFD (lateral flow device) test. It has a smaller sensitivity than LAMP or PCR tests.
- On arrival, you need to quarantine for 10 days in a managed quarantine hotel. You’ll be subject to a second COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and a third test on or after day 8 of quarantine. The day you arrive counts as day 0.
If you are travelling with children to England:
The quarantine needs for kids arriving in the UK are generally the equal as for adults. Few differences are following:
- Test before journey to the UK – kids aged ten and under do not require to get a test
- Day two and day eight tests after reach in the UK – children aged four and under do not require to get a test
If you want more details, travel guide on the following link –https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19
Departure from UAE
Many airlines offer online check-in, allowing you to print out your own boarding pass and select your own seat 24 hours before your flight. This can save you time at the airport, as all you will need to do is go to the Bag Drop counter.
Packing properly can save you time and money at the airports. If you want to hold liquids, gels, or aerosols in your hand bags, items should be packed inside one clear, re-salable plastic bag.
Flights from UAE to the UK
- Emirates provides direct flights from Dubai only to London and Manchester.
- Etihad has a good number of flights connecting Dubai to the UK, but most, if not all, have layovers in Abu Dhabi.
- Other connecting flights are also available with Pegasus Air, Turkish Airlines, KLM, WizzAir, Blue Air, Royal Jordanian, Virgin Atlantic and Air France.
Arrival at England
Travelers who do not respect entry or transit regulations, including forged documents, will be expose the transporting carrier to fines of GBP 2,000 per traveler or imprisonment for up to two years.
However, in case of carrying a large quantity of
alcoholic beverages or tobacco, travelers may be questioned by customs about
the purpose of the importation, especially if the quantities are greater than:
a. Tobacco products:
400 cigarettes, with a maximum weight of three grams per unit.
Three kilos of pipe or cigar tobacco.
b. Travelers over 16 years of age can bring 10 liters of spirits of 22% or more; 20 liters of alcoholic beverage with less than 22%; 90 liters of wine, of which a maximum of 60 liters are sparkling wine; 110 liters of beer.
2. Travelers arriving from countries outside
the European Union, including the Canary Islands, Gibraltar and other similar
regions, can import:
a. Travelers over 17 can carry 200 cigars, 100 cigarettes with a maximum weight of three grams per unit; 50 cigars; 250 grams of tobacco; or a proportional mix of these products.
b. Travelers over 17 years of age can bring a liter of alcoholic drink with more than 22%; burning alcohol with more than 80%; two liters of alcoholic beverage or aperitifs made with wine or equivalent with less than 22%; sparkling wines or liquor; or a proportional mixture of these products and 4 liters of wine and 16 liters of beer.
3. Travelers traveling by plane can take products with a maximum value of GP 340
If you want more details, travel guide on the following link – https://visados.com/en/visa-for-United-Kingdom#68
Essential things to know for staying in England
The weather in England is an unpredictable nightmare, so always keep an umbrella.
Cash tickets are expensive in London, so you’ll need a card to use public transportation.
You’ll also find most shops, restaurants and major services will accept bank cards. The only time you may need cash is at small markets, some buses and occasionally other businesses. Many shops and businesses now also take contact less which is a nice little time saver.
If you do find you need to exchange cash into pounds, we usually recommend doing it at the Post Office for a decent rate.
CityMapper is a great app that will tell you all of your options for getting from point A to point B on London’s public transportation, including taxis and bike. Google Maps is also a good alternative, but the one thing that CityMapper does better than Maps is that it tells you how much each journey option will cost, so if you’re pinching pounds, it’s pretty helpful.
Throughout England, you can generally drink the tap water. Should this not be possible you’ll often have a notice near or above the tap.
If you plan on driving during your visit to England then remember to drive on the left.
If you want more information, travel guide on the following link – https://www.travelanddestinations.com/things-to-know-when-visiting-england/
Travel information of departure from England
- As a general guide, you will need to have checked in and be ready to go through security at least 2 hours before your flight departure time.
- Contact your airline in advance to see what they offer onboard for children, such as sky cots, baby food, toddler meals and children’s entertainment. Ask whether you can reserve seats in advance, so you can guarantee you’re all flying together as a family.
- All airlines flying from London Stansted Airport allow you to take one bag of airport shopping on board along with your hand luggage. There’s now no reason not to take advantage of airport exclusives from your favorite brands or stock up on those last minute holiday essentials.
- All travelers are not required to pay any airport tax upon departing from the airport.
If you want more travel information, visit the following link – https://www.stanstedairport.com/help/passenger-guides/travelling-with-children/
Return to UAE
If passengers do not respect entry laws, the transporting carrier will be subject to payment of a fine of AED 5,000 at Dubai International Airport for every impermissible passenger. Vegetables and fruits from cholera-infected regions, uncooked edible sea-food are prohibited.
There are no limits on importing the following:
1. Maximum value of 400 cigars and cigarettes up to AED 3,000 and two kilograms of tobacco; But this does not apply to chewing or smoking tobacco.
2. AED 3,000 worth of personal use perfumes or any other gift items.
3. Alcoholic beverages:
- Dubai: 24 cans of beer or four liters of any other type of alcohol.
- Sharjah: Two liters of alcohol and a case of beer.
- Abu Dhabi and Fujairah: The passenger is a non-Muslim up to four liters of any type of alcohol.
After the travel completed
I live in the United Arab Emirates and only come to the United Kingdom for business or vacation. If I do not live in the United Kingdom, do the residence laws still affect me?
You do not really need to reside in the UK to get caught up in the laws that can make you a United Kingdom resident for tax motives. There are many circumstances and factors that determine whether or not you live under legal residency testing rules.
One of these elements is the duration of days you are in the United Kingdom for any tax year (twelve months). Depending on the quantity of links (or ties) you have with the UK, you may find that your usual vacations in London have built you United Kingdom resident and subject to United Kingdom tax rules for that year!
If you want more information, visit the following link – https://sp.mofaic.gov.ae/EN/DiplomaticMissions/Embassies/London/Documents/Tax%20Update%20in%20UK.pdf